Monday 26 May 2014

Musical Little Mermaid/劇団四季 リトルマーメイド

四季劇場夏/Shiki Gekijyo Natsu at Oimachi

The other day I watched musical 'Little Mermaid'! It was just awesome!!!!
Ok I have to be calm down cause I can get easily excited about Disney things hahaha
Personally I don't go to watch musical or concert that much often in Japan. I guess it's just because my father is not that into it. When I was a child, my mum often brought me to musicals and plays. I really liked watching and still do. So guess what happened? When I graduated from an elementary school, my dream was to be a actress of Gekigan Shiki which is very famous musical performance group in Japan. Obviously I'm not a actress right now. I just gave up the dream. Yeah anyway it's been a while since I watched a musical in Japan last time. 
By the way, I watched some in London, Bristol and NewYork! They were all amazing!

この間劇団四季の「リトルマーメイド」を観てきました。がっかりするわけもなく、素晴らしかった!
日本ではあまり ミュージカルとか舞台には行かないな~って思ったんだけど、小さい頃はそういえばよくつれていってもらってて、小学校を卒業する時の私の夢は劇団四季の演者になることでした・・・もちろん、その夢はそうそうに忘れられてしまったんだけどね・・・
留学中は結構ミュージカルを観ることができて、ロンドン、ブリストル、ニューヨークでミュージカルを観ました(*^_^*)俗にいわれる本場!


This was taken in NY. Stupid me was kissing this actress in a board haha Oh! The day I watched, he didn't act. I'm not sure but it was kinda day off for him. 
これはニューヨークのタイムズスクエアのところで、ミュージカル「エビータ」を観た後。この人がかっこいいとかさわいだ私はこの写真を撮ったのです笑

Ok back to my story about Little Mermaid in japan, it seems as if the musical is very popular and tickets are sold so quickly. I booked ours like three months ago! Now you can understand how excited I was! Without no reason, I thought I should dress properly to go to the theater but everyone wore casual clothes. If you are wondering, just let you know ;)
As far as I know from my hours research on youtube, it is very difficult to make a world in the ocean. Thanks to the technology, people can fly which can be applied to look like swimming in the water, but it is very difficult for actors and actresses to sing while being wired(?) 
Because of their all efforts, I could be into a sea world during the show. Other thing what I was fascinated by is how they move their body while their foot are on the stage to show as if they were swimming. (Does it make sense?? not sure...) What I wanna say is that they actually put so much effort to create a sea world. 
'Part of Your world' is a song I used to study English when i was 13. A English teacher at that time said singing songs helps you for a good pronunciation. Maybe I just like singing songs, I followed the word even though I didn't like her. Anyway I'm familiar with English version of this song so it was a bit strange feeling to listen to the song in Japanese. My understanding is that if you want to translate English lyrics into Japanese, it just doesn't fit in melody. As a result, musical music has its own special lyric type.... Oh I wish I could explain this more properly.....
When a song 'If only' started to play, I couldn't stop laughing... Sorry.... The lyrics were just too romantic for Japanese people to say. Does this kind of thing happen in English or other language musical songs????
The one thing I want this musical change is that the volume of music. This one does not  have live orchestra. Even though nowadays, the sounds quality has been improved, but still I wanted to enjoy its music with powerful live orchestra music especially 'Under the World' The stage at that time was really colorful but I needed more people, more volume of music. 
To sum up, it was really really really good. I'm kinda getting addicted to musicals and plays. I wish I could watch them more often! 

この劇団四季「リトルマーメイド」は相当人気みたいで、すぐチケットが売り切れちゃっていて私は今回のチケットを3カ月以上前に予約しました。(たぶん笑 でもすっごく前!)他の劇団四季のミュージカルもすごく人気なのかな??個人的に勝手に観に行く時はドレスアップしないといけないんだと思っていたんだけど、みんなカジュアルな感じで少しびっくり。
今回の「リトルマーメイド」は海の世界をいかによりもっと表現するかっていうことで、様々な努力がなされいるみたいで、昔のブロードウェイの動画とかと比べるとほんとに海の世界にすごく入りやすかった!足が地面についている時でも、体うねうねさせてて(他にどう説明すればいいかわかんなかった。。。ごめんなさい。。。。)惜しみない努力って感じだった!
英語でミュージカルは観る機会が最近多かったから、劇団特有のあの日本語歌詞と表現は実際ちょっとびっくりしたのは事実・・・笑 「一歩づづ」っていう曲はホントにびっくりする!
ひとつだけ残念だったのは、音楽がオーケストラじゃなかったこと。やっぱりオーケストラのほうが臨場感と迫力がある・・・「アンダー・ザ・シー」の時は舞台上がすごくカラフルでわくわくしていた感じがでていたけど、なんとなく音楽の迫力にかけてるな~って感じてしまった
でもでも、すっごく素敵で「わらわは満足じゃ」って感じだった。もっともっとミュージカルとか舞台を観に行きたいなって思いました(*^_^*)





No comments:

Post a Comment